Taoist Mediation: Finding Inner Freedom
October 31 - November 2
This workshop will focus on the core meditation practices of the Taoist Water Method . Taoism has two main meditation traditions, Fire and Water, each with different branches. We teach the original Water tradition of Lao Tzu, author of the Tao Te Ching. Water meditation methods use the awareness of body qi developed through qigong health practices to then balance and develop the qi of the mind and spirit.
Beginners will learn foundational meditation skills with a focus on the basic methods of inner dissolving, including:
- How to sit with proper alignments —both in a chair and on the ground – and breathe.
- Recognizing and releasing energetic blockages within you
- How to dissolve and release the energy within such blockages into the “inner space” within you
- Using agendas to release deep seated issues within you that you wish to overcome
- Releasing and productively using the shocks that happen during life
- Concentration and staying present to what is inside you while doing meditation
- How to relax physically and mentally and develop an awareness of subtle energy in your body, as well as how to maintain that awareness during meditation
More experienced practitioners will learn:
- How to put your mind into and recognize the various types of energies within you, from your physical, etheric and emotional energies to your mental and higher-level spiritual energies
- How to put your mind into and dissolve all the bound energies within your energy blockages, plus. techniques to release negative emotions, inner attachments, expectations and shock
- Where appropriate, how inner dissolving progresses and is done within the five modalities of meditation practices: Sitting, Standing, Moving (tai chi and bagua for example), Lying down and Interactive, including partner exercises
- For those who have worked with inner dissolving for quite a while, you will be introduced to the more advanced material of working with the three tantiens (major energy centers of body) and inner stillness, to help you on the road to eventually fully spiritually awaken, and to protect yourself from negative energetic forces which may present themselves along the way
If you are a beginner, a great way prepare for this course would be to attend the one day meditation workshop being offered by our hosts and Senior Instructors on June 29th.
Price: €420 Price after Sep 20: €450
Price for all three courses in Ulm: €1050 Price after Sep 20: €1150
Registration links coming soon!
Registration/Check-in: October 31 (Thursday), 9:00 AM–First class session is 10:00AM
Approximate daily course schedule on Oct 31-Nov 2 is 10:00AM-5:00PM with a two lunch break. Course schedule may be subject to change depending upon group dynamics.