- This event has passed.
Taoist Meditation: The Great Stillness
October 30, 2018 - November 3, 2018
For the first time, Bruce Frantzis is offering a retreat on the core Taoist Water Method meditation practices of finding, resting in, and embodying Stillness within and outside of oneself. You will learn and practice the meditation tradition within Taoism that goes back thousands of years and is directly linked to the teachings of Lao Tse (Laozi), author of the Tao Te Ching (Dao De Jing).
Price after Sep 20: €800
Price for all three courses in Ulm: €1050
Price for all three courses in Ulm after Sep 20: €1150
During this course half of each day the will be learning the shen gong (spiritual qigong/neigong) of Gods Playing in the Clouds Qigong. Specifically utilizing the central channel and three tantiens to access Stillness within Taoist moving practices.
The second half of the day will focus on seated mediation building on the earlier shen gong practice through the central technique of The Great Stillness, the Inner Dissolving process. A potent practice to help you overcome deeply bound emotions and augment your spiritual and psychic development. Inner Dissolving can be done while moving, sitting, standing, lying down or during sexual activity. Its aim is to make your body conscious and more fully alive, and eventually through stillness lead one to Essence or what Taoists call the Body of Individuality (7th)
Beginners will learn the basic method of Inner Dissolving including:
- How to maintain correct body alignments while sitting
- Staying consciously present in the body while focusing on awareness of inner non-physical emotional, mental and psychic qualities
- How to put the mind into all the potential energies including the physical and etheric bodies, emotions, thoughts and psychic perceptions
- Basic techniques to release negative emotions, inner attachments,
expectations and shock.
Students with a solid foundation in Taoist meditation may focus on such topics as:
- How the subtle the energies of Jing, Qi, and especially Shen can be accessed during meditation
- Resolving the dissonance between your inner world and the realities of living in material and conceptual world
- Stillness in movement, movement in stillness
- Dealing with the uncertainty of our rapidly changing times
- Resting in the heart-mind, developing strong yet relaxed intention.
- The Heartmind—the origin of thought and human consciousness
Registration/Check-in: October 30 (Tuesday), 9:00 AM–First class session is 10:00AM
Approximate daily course schedule on Oct 30-Nov 3 is10:00AM-5:00PM with a two lunch break. Course schedule may be subject to change depending upon group dynamics.
This training course is not recommended for those with any kind of mental health issues or major medical problems. We simply do not have the resources to handle these needs.
Please note: The practice of Taoist energy arts may carry risks. The organizers are very concerned to ensure that the training is a positive experience for every participant. If for any reason whatsoever Bruce and/or his assistants deem that there may be any potential safety risks for you during this training, you will be asked to leave the course and suspend training immediately.
If this occurs you will be refunded a pro-rated course fee. All other expenses that you may have incurred, including lodging and travel will be your sole responsibility and Energy Arts will not be responsible for these expenses.