For Independent Instructors and Practitioners Trained by Bruce Frantzis.
1) PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
Instructors/practitioners conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner, provide only services for which they are qualified, and represent their education, certification, professional affiliations and other qualifications honestly. They do not in any way claim to practice medicine or psychotherapy, unless licensed by their state or country to do so independently of this certification.
2) COMMUNICATION AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Instructors/practitioners maintain clear and honest communication with their clients and students. They clearly disclose techniques used, appropriately identifying each in the scope of their professional practice. Instructors/practitioners keep medical and personal information about their students confidential, especially if requested to do so by the student or client.
3) INTENTION AND TRUST
Instructors/practitioners are encouraged to establish and maintain trust in the client/student relationship and to establish clear boundaries and an atmosphere of safety.
4) AWARENESS AND RESPECT OF CLIENTS/STUDENTS PHYSICAL AND/OR EMOTIONAL CONDITION
Instructors/practitioners should communicate with respect and graciousness, whatever the physical, mental and emotional states of the clients/students. Instructors/practitioners must never abuse clients/students through actions, words or silence.
5) PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Because students and clients may confuse the power of the work with the presenter, the Instructor/practitioner must exercise extreme awareness, sensitivity and caution in entering personal relationships. The Instructor/practitioner is responsible to provide good service and protect the interests of the student/client. As such, the instructor has a responsibility to ensure that anyone with whom he or she has a personal relationship is treated equally to any other student during the course of instruction. The Instructor must guard against giving such a person either special attention or worse treatment than any other student would be given.
6) PRESENTING BRUCE FRANTZIS’ TEACHINGS ACCURATELY
Although instructors/practitioners trained by Bruce Frantzis conduct business independently, if they claim to be teaching and practicing his work, they must not allow their creativity to go so far that they alter Bruce Frantzis’ teachings or its intent. Courses taught at the Instructor’s school must accurately reflect Bruce Frantzis’ teachings. Instructors will only offer subjects that they are actively certified to teach. Current courses that no instructor is certified to teach include:
- Bend the Bow Spinal Qigong
- Spiraling Energy Body Qigong
- Inner Dissolving from the Water Method of Taoist Meditation
- Instructor Trainings in any Energy Arts course
7) RESPECTING COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS OF BRUCE FRANTZIS AND ENERGY ARTS, INC.
The names and material of Bruce Frantzis and Energy Arts, Inc. used in any retreats, seminars, Instructor trainings, classes or events and books, videotapes and audiotapes, are protected by copyrights and trademarks owned by Bruce Frantzis and Energy Arts, Inc., and that such names and materials may not be reproduced in any form (whether in print, electronically or otherwise), sold or otherwise used without written permission, and Bruce Frantzis must be credited as the source of such material.
8) PRESENTING TEACHINGS OTHER THAN THOSE OF BRUCE FRANTZIS AND ENERGY ARTS, INC.
If an Instructor/practitioner trained by Bruce Frantzis is teaching or practicing material that he/she has learned from someone other than Bruce Frantzis, the Instructor/practitioner must present the material in such a way that it is clear to students/clients that it is not a part of Bruce Frantzis’ work.
9) PROFESSIONAL INTEGRITY
Instructors/practitioners must present Bruce Frantzis’ teachings in a professional and compassionate manner, representing themselves and their work accurately and ethically. They must conduct their business honestly.
10) PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
Instructors/practitioners strive for professional excellence through regular assessment of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and by continued education and training.
1) Instructor must take reasonable care in determining whether a student is physically, mentally and/or emotionally fit to participate in a Frantzis Energy Arts course.
2) In order for Energy Arts, Inc. to keep track of all schools teaching the work of Bruce Frantzis and give referrals, it is recommended that all instructors opening a school notify Energy Arts, Inc. in writing.
3) Each Certified Instructor must maintain his/her own liability insurance and require students to sign a release of liability/assumption of risk form.
4)I acknowledge that the names and materials used in any retreats, seminars, instructor trainings, classes or events, and books, videotapes and audiotapes of Bruce Frantzis and Energy Arts, Inc. are protected by copyrights and trademarks owned by Bruce Frantzis and Energy Arts, Inc., and that such names and materials may not be reproduced in any form (whether in print, electronically or otherwise), sold or otherwise used without written permission and, that in connection with any use of such material, Bruce Frantzis must be credited as the source.
5) Bruce Frantzis and Energy Arts, Inc. are in no way liable for any actions of Certified Instructors, and do not influence any Instructor’s practice in any way. Energy Arts, Inc. merely provides promotional tools for marketing purposes. Instructors are neither employees nor independent contractors of Bruce Frantzis and/or Energy Arts, Inc. Instructors may choose to purchase instructional materials (books, audiotapes, videotapes) from Energy Arts, Inc. for sale to students and the general public. It benefits all to keep retail prices of Energy Arts’ products uniform everywhere; therefore it is recommended that each product be sold for its listed price.
6) This Frantzis Energy Arts course and Instructor certification does not include any hands-on massage or energy-therapy techniques.
7) Certified instructors must establish their own grievance procedure policy. Bruce Frantzis and Energy Arts, Inc. are not responsible for arbitrating any disputes between Certified Instructors or between Certified Instructors and their students.
8) Should the Certificate Holder—in Bruce Frantzis’ judgment—not follow the terms or spirit this disclaimer and/or the Code of Ethics, Bruce Frantzis reserves the right to revoke the Holder’s certification.