10 repetitions or more …

Home Forums Archive Dragon & Tiger Qigong Online Program Week 5 Q&A 10 repetitions or more …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

in your instructional videos on Dragon and Tiger, you mention to do each movement 10 times or 20 times.
    in other Qigong Exercises i have done, there is no mention to how many times, you should do them. So why a maximum of 20 times for dragon and Tiger?
    many thanks
    William

Anonymous

Hi William,

As a beginner I encourage you to first practice sets of 10 of each movement. Then later we’ll progress to doing 20 of each movement, which is the ideal number for a set. By the end of this course we’ll be guiding you through a set of 20 of all seven movements.

Why is 20 the ideal number for a set? My understanding as I learned from Bruce is that the ideal of 20 was derived over hundreds of years of research by the masters of Dragon and Tiger. After observing thousands and thousands of practitioners they concluded that for most people 20 repetitions gives the best value in terms of developing more energy and flexibility. They found that when someone wants to practice more than a single set of 20, the best strategy is to do multiple sets of 20.

By the way, you could also do a set of 6 or 14 or 18 or whatever even number you choose that is 20 or less.

So if you wanted to practice one set of 20 and another of 10, that would be fine.

I hope this helps,

Bill

Anonymous

Thanks Bill. that helps a lot. But do you have to do the closing exercise and then start will the stirring again or do you just continue and just do the seven movements again?

Anonymous

William,

A good way to transition between sets is to do the last exercise repeititon and then pulse your lower tan tian like you were going to finish the set. When you feel very stable then simply lower one hand and raise the other and begin to do your repeitions of Movement 1 of the next set.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This is an archived forum (read only). Go to our active forum where you can post and discuss in real time.

Pin It on Pinterest