- This topic is empty.
March 19, 2017 at 4:47 pm #129778
I am wondering how does the Tao Te Ching Group compare with the Taoist Meditation Circle Group?
Specifically, I have the following questions:
1) Does the Tao Te Ching Group contain written text or is it an audio only program? How many months does the Tao Te Ching Group cover?
2) Does the Taoist Meditation Circle Group contain written text or is it an audio only program? How many months does the Taoist Meditation Circle Group last?
3) How is the Tao Te Ching Group different from the Taoist Meditation Circle Group?
4) How does the Taoist Meditation Circle Group differ from the meditation that is taught in the Training Circle meditation section?
Hopefully these questions will clarify the differences and similarities between them.March 20, 2017 at 6:12 pm #136243
1. The Tao Te Ching group includes a translation of the text by Bruce and Dr. Alan Peatfield. Bruce plans to release a book based on this translation at some point. Each month Bruce covers one verse of the text – ultimately there will be 81 months of content. We are currently at month 57. Bruce usually provides two audio files each month – a explanation of the meaning of the text and a meditation on some aspect of the text. The meditations are designed to help you open up the content of the Tao Te Ching. It assumes that you already know the basics presented in 2.
2. The meditation circle is audio only. It is a 16 month program also providing two files each month (mostly). One file is teaching and explanation, the other is a guided practice session. The meditation circle provides the foundation for anyone wanting to pursue any of the other meditation programs that Bruce offers. It teaches basics such as body alignment, working with the breath, freeing up the diaphragm, breathing with the internal organs etc. It does not teach inner or outer dissolving.
3. see 1 and 2
4. The training circle meditation work (which started back in April 2014) covers a much broader range of material including inner dissolving, working with energy bodies and much more. There’s more than enough material here to keep you busy for a many years. The current training circle program is working on inner dissolving and agendas.
This is an archived forum (read only). Go to our active forum where you can post and discuss in real time.