1 hour to practice

Home Forums Archive Bagua Mastery Program 1 hour to practice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

As a beginner, I’d like to get the most ‘bang for my buck’ in this program and would like to know what most beginners should practice daily if they had an hour or two half-hour sessions. I have no aversion to slow and steady training, of course, so if it’s spent mostly standing still, doing jan juang in the void stance and/or the first bagua warm up stance that works for me.

I’d just like to get an input from what many of you are doing mostly and I’m wondering what the experienced members on the board did when they started and got most out.

Thanks,
    Rich

Anonymous

Here’s my practice routine:
    10 minutes of bagua warmup1
    3×6 sets of single leg kwa pump
    15 minutes of 4-part walking
    5 minutes of cloud hands
    5 minutes in wu chi stance
    lastly, 3 spinal stretches

With the focus on relaxing and deep breathing throughout the whole process, I feel both centered and energetic.

Anonymous

If I have only 30 min. I do the following routine:
    15 min Bagua warmup 1-3
    10 min straight line walking
    5-10 min sitting meditation or standing

but usually I have more time to practice. Then I do the warmup’s and then I do what feels good at the moment and follow it. e.g. today I practiced heel-toe walking because I walked through my city before and suddenly felt that I really projected my body forward with normal walking, so I tried to refine that feeling.

So that is my practice routine if I have enough time. Do what’s easy right now and if you feel you can’t get more out of it, just slightly change your focus on what comes in your mind next.

I had the best results with this attitude, but I know people who really need to obtain a clear practice-plan.

Anonymous

This is somewhat belated, but I just listened to CD 2 “straight line walking” and was instructed on programming the audio lessons into a ‘personal’ practice session. How cool is that?

I could program a ‘play list’ for track 2,3, and 4 of CD 1 (Internal warm up 1,2 and 3) then program track 5 on CD 2 (4-part straight line walking) and finish with track 1 on CD 4 (meditation).

Anonymous

Hi Rich,

Generally Jan Juang is an excellent foundation for neigong (Nei gung) with which you can’t go wrong. Beyond this it depends upon what an individual beginner specifically wants to get out of a chi practice that determines what they should best begin with.

As Individuals vary, so generic answers only go so far. Maybe some time I might do a blog on the best various options of where to begin a chi practice considering multiple variables.

For bagua, just follow in sequence the program of the mastery program which only includes 5 minutes of standing, as bagua is essentially a moving art. For tai chi I recommend doing the Energy Gates qigong program first, then tai chi.

Stay good,

Bruce

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Bruce. This program is well laid out and feel confident that this will lead me lead to a life long pursuit of bagua mastery. And as I mentioned earlier having the opportunity to customize your audio program and get a ‘personalized’ training session is very very unique.

Recently, Ive kept to the above training session of 10 minutes of the first 3 bagua warm ups and 30 minutes of 4-step walking and walking meditation on an almost daily basis.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This is an archived forum (read only). Go to our active forum where you can post and discuss in real time.

Pin It on Pinterest